Morchard Bishop Walk 3 (Circular)
A 1.5 to 2 hour (2.5 miles approximately) circular walk starting at the school car park and passing through St Mary’s Churchyard. The walk takes you through Bear Down Wood, via farthing Park, Knighstone and back along Chapman’s Lane.
With thanks to Morchard Bishop Parish Council for this walking route (Walk 3).
- Starting from the car park next to the Primary School, cross the road with care to the Churchyard of St Mary’s Church. Continue on through the Churchyard, passing the Church building, to join footpath 7 (see map on Morchard Bishop Parish Website), following the direction of the hedge, after crossing another road.
- Follow the direction of the sign post, and the waymarkers to the stile opposite Farthing Park via steps through Beardown Wood. Turn right at the road and continue to a small lane on the left (sign posted high up on the hedge).
- Follow the footpath up the lane – pass through a gate on the right just before the white house and follow the footpath through the two fields due south to a gate.
- Do not go through the gate but turn to walk diagonally N.West across 1 1/2 fields towards the Church to meet the road.
- Cross the road and follow Chapman’s Lane (unsurfaced) back up to the start of footpath 7.
- Return through the Churchyard to the carpark.
- Dog Friendly
- Family Friendly