Welcome to Crediton
Crediton is a buzzing town the whole year round. There’s always something to see and do with an active arts community embedded in the town.
Nestled against the Creedy Valley, the drive from Bickleigh to Crediton is stunning (but be prepared for a windy road!) with a couple areas to pull over and take in the view along the way.
Shopping in Crediton
If you fancy a bit of retail therapy, Crediton is known for its range of independent retailers and local food producers ready to cater for all your needs and wants, as well as the Farmers’ Market on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month. For a list of shops and places to eat in Crediton, see: Shopping in Crediton
Alternatively, Crediton In and Around offers a wealth of information about Crediton and the surrounding villages. It’s a great way to learn about town events, places to eat, shopping and local walks. Check out their website for community news and exciting things to do in Crediton!
History buffs can’t miss a visit to Holy Cross Parish Church with its history of at least 1100 years or Crediton Museum and Heritage Centre providing the history of the town, exhibitions and regular talks and activities organised by the history society and local history group. It’s been very popular with people tracking their genealogy.
Crediton has one of the widest high streets in the South West!
Home to a number of vibrant festivals throughout the year:
- CredFest is a bi-annual summer event, an extravaganza of music, dancing, arts, crafts, exhibitions and much more.
- Crediton Food & Drink Festival, which showcases the town’s food and drink producers and retailers, including cookery demonstrations and tastings!
- An annual Flag Festival, when the High Street is adorned with beautiful handmade flags.
- Holy Cross Church Flower Festival showcases the talented flower arrangers in our community.
- Holy Cross Church Christmas Tree Festival sees more than 70 trees decorated in their own individual themes by local community groups and organisations and is very popular with coach trips!
Things to do:
If you fancy some fresh air then you could always pick up a ‘Redvers Ramble and Other Walks’ leaflet and take a walk in the beauty of the surrounding countryside, or visit one of our delightful parks, which change throughout the seasons with year-round planting.
Crediton Arts Centre is the heartbeat of the town with ambitious community arts events, and theatre productions put on throughout the town.
The town square is home to Crediton Twinning Association’s Annual Boules Tournament and the regular Farmers’ Market. Crediton Parade and Light Switch-On launches Christmas, when the town glitters with twinkly lights and local musicians and dancers entertain everyone on the Town Square.
Towns and Villages
- Towns and Villages