Tiverton to Bampton
This 7.3 mile ride takes you from the centre of Tiverton, past the magnificent gothic National Trust property Knightshayes, and into the heart of the picturesque Bampton. Challenging with some tough uphill sections.
Knightshayes itself is worth a visit with beautiful grounds and refreshments available in the Stable cafe. You will also find plenty of refreshment in Bampton which has a number of pubs and cafes, as well as shops and a heritage centre.
- Start in the centre of Tiverton at the base of Bampton Street, opposite Banbury’s department store.
- Continue on Bampton Street. Go straight over at the crossroads onto Park Street.
- Continue onto Park Road with People’s Park on your left.
- Continue onto Brickhouse Hill.
- At the end of the road turn right onto Lea Road.
- Cross over the road and, after a few metres, turn left onto Bolham Lane.
- Continue on Bolham Lane, crossing a bridge over the A361.
- Turn right into Knightshayes Court and travel up the driveway.
- Continue on past Knightshayes Court and take the second left.
- Continue on this track.
- At the end of the track turn right onto Firebeacon Lane.
- At the end of the road turn left.
- Continue onto Vanpost Hill for several miles.
- Continue onto Old Tiverton Road.
- Arriving in Bampton continue onto Briton Street.
- Continue onto Brook Street.