Pick Your Own Season is Back!
Fruit picking is a firm family favorite at the farm shop followed by a visit to the café!
Tips for picking a gorgeous fresh strawberry if you haven’t been before:
- Pop along to Halberton Court Farm Shop or Thornes Farm Shop
- Bring a container to collect the strawberries. If you bring your own you will need to get it weighed before you go picking! Or you can buy a punnet / fruit box or basket at the farm shop.
- Head out to the tunnels – they are usually numbered.
- Start the search for your strawberries. Strawberries don’t ripen after being picked so make sure you only pick the bright red ones. They will be so sweet and juicy!!
- Once you spy a berry – hold it along the stem just above the strawberry and gently pull away from the stem (you may need to give it a little twist!).
- Once your basket is full or you have all you need to eat, take it to be weighed and pay for what you have collected.
- Then enjoy!
Top tip: don’t pick more than you need as they don’t last too long once picked.
You can easily make a morning or afternoon of your visit as each farm shop has a café on site for you to indulge in more local produce. With free on-site parking you don’t need to rush off.
Have fun and share your pics with us at @VisitMidDevon #TasteMidDevon