Mid Devon’s Entertaining Eateries for Young Families
Mid Devon’s Top Entertaining Eateries for Young Families
Are you looking for a great place to share a meal with your young family? These suggestions offer lots of activities to keep the children entertained before, during or after your meal.
- The Weary Traveller in Cullompton offers a children’s menu and a large garden for kids to play. There is lots of space for them to feel free and a climbing frame set to the side of the garden. With plenty of outdoor seating you’ll be able to keep an eye on them while they play.
- Adventure awaits you at The Waie Inn in Zeal Monachorum, this family friendly restaurant hosts lots of fun activities for the whole family. Put your feet up and enjoy some delicious home cooked meals after using the indoor swimming pool, soft play, skittles or outdoor play area.
- The Globe Inn at Sampford Peverell is situated next to the Grand Western Canal and makes a great place to stop for refreshment if you are cycling or walking along the canal path. The pub offers a trampoline and climbing frame for children visiting the pub. They also offer bike hire if you wish to pedal along the canal.
- Fordmore Café, Cullompton, is a hit with children as they have a great kids menu and it’s home to a number of animals which you can visit on the site. Say hello to the goats, pigs, chicken and ducks!
- The Swans Neck Café, Halberton and Thornes Farm Shop café, Crediton, offer space for the children to play and have a light lunch. Before you head off, make sure you pick your own strawberries or raspberries to take back for dessert, always a hit with the kids!
- Knightshayes – Mid Devon’s popular National Trust property has a lovely restaurant set in the courtyard offering activity sheets for children to complete while dining with them and plenty of space in the gardens for the children to run around and burn off their energy!