Love Your Local Market
Friday 12 May to Saturday 27 May 2023
Love Your Local Market is a campaign, run by NABMA, which celebrates markets across the UK. Shopping at your local market means more choice, value, variety and individuality – as well as knowing you are helping your community thrive, supporting the environment and simply helping out new start-ups & small business owners!
It is important to highlight the significant role markets play in our towns and communities, so remember to show your local markets some love!
MID DEVON’S MARKETS
Dotted across our countryside landscape you will find traditional farmers’ markets and general markets. Meet the farmers that grow the food and connect with ingredients at their source. Find out about where your food comes from, what variety it is as well as cooking and recipe tips.
Discover the sensational flavours and quality fresh produce on offer. Organic vegetables, seasonal fruit, free-range eggs, luxury cheeses, handmade juices, ciders and preserves. Not forgetting fresh fish and meat, (including lamb, beef, pork, venison and alpaca) as well as yoghurt, ice-cream and sometimes even raw milk are all available. You may also find real bread, pies, cakes, ready meals, soup, as well as herb or veg plants.
Mid Devon has several regular farmers’ markets offering farm-to-fork produce, all grown or reared within a 30 mile radius:
- Cullompton Farmers’ Market: Held on the second Saturday each month (usually from 9.30am to 12.30pm) at the Higher Bullring. Refreshments and hot food are also available.
- Bridwell Park Pop-Up Market: The ‘Artisans, Growers & Makers Market’ is an outdoor Pop-Up Saturday Market adjoining The Orangery Pop-Up Café at Bridwell Park Estate in Uffculme. The Market takes place on selected Sundays only between April & October, 10am til 4pm.
- Crediton Farmers’ Market: Award-winning Farmers’ Market that takes place on the first and third Saturdays of every month in Crediton Town Square, 10am – 1pm. Seating area with hot food and refreshments available.
- Tiverton Farmers’ Market: Takes place on the first Saturday of every month, 9am – 2pm, alongside the regular General Market. Onsite café and parking in the Market Car Park.
- Uffculme Farmers Market: Uffculme Farmers Market takes place once a month, offering a selection of local produce (normally the fourth Saturday of every month) at Uffculme Village Hall, 10am – 12noon.
In addition to our farmers’ markets, Devon has several general markets where you can find local produce.
- Tiverton Pannier Market: Historic market selling a range of local artisan produce and handcrafted goods set in a beautiful Grade II listed Victorian pannier market building. The General Market takes place on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, 8:30am – 4:00pm. Onsite café and parking in Market Car Park. Don’t miss their award-winning streetfood market Electric Nights Streetfood held on selected Saturday evenings each year.
- Bow Market: On the last Saturday of each month, Bow Market is held at the Bow Village Hall from 10am – 12pm, with a wide range of stalls and hot food & drinks on offer.
- Burlescombe Monthly Market: A newer market offering fresh local produce as well as hot drinks and food from their kitchen café.
- Chawleigh Monthly Community Market: Held on the third Saturday every month in the Jubilee Hall, 10am to 12noon.
- Cheriton Fitzpaine Monthly Market: Held quarterly on Saturdays in the Parish Hall, 10am – 12noon. Hot refreshments available.
- Cullompton Street Market: Historic charter market, held weekly on Wednesdays, 9am – 2pm at the Higher Bullring.
- Hemyock Market: Normally held on the third Saturday of the month, 10am – 12noon, in Hemyock Parish Hall. A Market Café offers refreshments including their popular bacon butties.
- Lapford Village Market: Held on the fourth Saturday each month in Lapford Victory Hall, 11am – 1pm, with various stalls as well as light lunches available.
- Sandford Street Market: Sandford is well known for their Olde Worlde Street Markets held in Church Street.
- Silverton Market: A regular monthly market is held in the Millenium Hall on the first Saturday of each month, 9.30am – 11.30am, offering local produce, handmade cards and bric-a-brac stalls. Silverton also hosts the annual Silverton Street Market on the first Saturday in August.
- Yeoford Market: Held at the Yeoford Community Hall, 11:30 – 1:30, on the fourth Saturday of every month. The Market offers a variety of stalls including produce, handcrafted goods, bric-a-brac and refreshments.
- Zeal Monachorum: Held at the Zeal Monachorum Village Hall, every third Saturday of the month from 10am. Produce changes with the season, but will always include tasty local meat, eggs, vegetables, preserves, jams, cakes and a wide array of other hand-crafted goods.
Crediton Farmers’ Market