It’s Pumpkin Picking Season in Mid Devon!
Pumpkin picking season is a beloved autumn tradition in Mid Devon. During this time, you can expect a range of fun activities and experiences centred around pumpkins and autumn festivities. Here’s what you can expect from pumpkin picking in Mid Devon and why it’s so popular:
- Scenic Farms and Fields: Our pumpkin picking takes place in picturesque rural settings, such as our farms and farmshops. The natural beauty of the countryside adds to the charm of the experience.
- Variety of Pumpkins: You’ll find pumpkins of all shapes, sizes, and colours, from classic orange to ghost white, green, and even multi-coloured varieties. This diversity allows you to select pumpkins for different purposes, such as carving, decorating, or cooking.
- Family-Friendly Activities: Our pumpkin patches offer a wide range of family-friendly activities like, maize mazes, animal corners, and child-friendly wheel barrows. These activities make pumpkin picking a perfect outing for families with children.
- Delicious Treats: All of our pumpkin patches sell seasonal treats and refreshments goodies that capture the flavours of autumn making it a lovely morning or afternoon adventure.
- Photo Opportunities: The vibrant fall foliage and the sight of pumpkins scattered across fields provide excellent photo opportunities for capturing the beauty of the season.
Now, here’s a list of places in Mid Devon where you can experience pumpkin picking season: Get your wellies on and head out to grab your pumpkins at any of the following venues
Pick Your Own (PYO) Pumkins at Halberton Court Farm Shop which is open 6 days a week, Monday to Saturday, 9am to 4pm. You only pay for the cost of the pumpkin depending on its size. After picking your chosen pumpkins, why not complete the trip and visit the Swan’s Neck Café for some yummy refreshments (available 9-4pm, Mon-Sat).
Halberton Court Farm Shop PYO Pumpkins image from their Facebook page.
Location: High Street, Halberton, Tiverton, EX16 7AW
ORWAY PUMPKINS AT KENTISBEARE
Wheelbarrows at the ready – whether you are using it for the pumpkins or the kids! Pop along and pick from a variety of pumpkins to create a fantastic display. The field is full of a variety of pumpkins ranging in size and colour. No entry fee, just grab a wheel-barrow and pick and pay for what you want to take home. Open from the 14-15th & 21-29th October, 10am-4pm.
Refreshments are available from the Coffee Hatch with picnic benches to use, while admiring in the scenery. They usually have some of the farm animals close-by for the children to see the pigs and turkeys. There is a hard standing area allocated for car parking so you don’t need to worry about your car getting stuck.
Orway Porch Farm PYO Pumpkins image from their Facebook page.
Location: Orway Porch Farm, Kentisbeare, Cullompton, EX15 2EY
Thorne’s Farm Shop are hosting a ‘Pick Your Own Pumpkin Festival’ during October half-term for 3 days (26-28 October). As well as the PYO excitement, there will be fun Halloween activities for the children to enjoy. Their on-site café offers hot and cold food which means you can easily make a day of it during half-term.
Thorne’s pumpkin field, image from their Facebook page.
Location: Hawthorne Gardens, Stockleigh Pomeroy, Crediton, EX17 4BH
THE JOLLY GROUP AT SILVERTON
Reserve your time slot by securing your ticket for the Jolly Groups pumpkin patch, Dino maize maze and bale mountain, with lots of photo opportunities this Autumn.
Tickets can be bought via their website, under 2’s go free, children and adults (3 years and above) is £1.50 pp. Pumpkin prices have remained the same and start from as little as 2 for £1.
Food is available on-site with barista coffee, stone baked pizza and other drinks from the spooky Jolly Cafe.
You can visit between 10am to 5pm, with last entry at 4pm:
- Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th
- Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th
- Saturday 21st through to Sunday 39th
Location: The Jolly Group Field, Silverton, Exeter, EX5 4DU