Mid Devon is a land rich in agriculture with an abundance of producers offering locally grown or reared food.
Dotted across our countryside landscape you will find traditional farmers’ markets and farm shops. Meet the farmers that grow the food and connect with ingredients at their source. Find out about where your food comes from, what variety it is as well as cooking and recipe tips.
Discover the sensational flavours and quality fresh produce on offer. Organic vegetables, seasonal fruit, free-range eggs, luxury cheeses, handmade juices, ciders and preserves. Not forgetting fresh fish and meat, (including lamb, beef, pork, venison and alpaca) as well as yoghurt, ice-cream and sometimes even raw milk are all available. You may also find real bread, pies, cakes, ready meals, soup, as well as herb or veg plants.
Several of our farm shops have onsite cafés as well as milk vending machines.
Download our Mid Devon Farm Shops Trail and see taste your way across Mid Devon!
Many of our farms provide farm shops that you can visit at your pleasure. We recommend you double check opening times with the operators before visiting:
- West Middlewick Farm (Nomansland, Tiverton): is a farm with caravan and camping pitches, log cabins and onsite farm shop. The shop offers choice selections of high quality beef, pork and lamb, raw milk, eggs and dairy products and fresh fruit and vegetables. They also sell their own homemade soap, sheepskins and souvenirs. Open 7 days a week.
- Blackberry Lane (Lapford): healthy and flavoursome fruit and veg, grown authentically without fertilisers, pesticides or herbicides. Open Tuesday – Saturday.
- Nomansland Farm Shop (Shobrooke): is a working farm with caravan and camping pitches and onsite farm shop selling a range of local produce. Nomansland has good access to footpaths and local dog walks.
- Exe Valley Farm Shop (Thorverton): situated in the heart of the Exe Valley between the villages of Thorverton and Silverton. Onsite café and butchery with milk vending machine, open 7 days a week.
- Fordmore Farm Shop (Cullompton): located on the Honiton road, just outside of Cullompton, the farm produces organic eggs and vegetables. The shop features an onsite café and butchery and stocks other locally sourced organic produce. Open 7 days a week.
- Halberton Court (Halberton): offers a fine selection of local produce including vegetables, fruit, meat, dairy, beer, cider and much more. Pick your own seasonal fruit (including strawberries, raspberries, currants and pumpkins). Onsite café with footpath access to the Swan’s Neck Grand Western Canal walk. Open Monday – Saturday.
- Little Tuberfield (Sampford Peverell): selling locally produced meat, poultry and vegetables, homemade sausages and burgers, freshly baked pies and pasties and soft drinks. Open Tuesday – Saturday.
- The Cheese Box at Quicke’s Farm (Newton St Cyres): award-winning cheesemakers from Devon. This family farm uses time-honoured methods and recipes passed down through generations to create outstanding cheese; handmade, clothbound and slow-matured to perfection. Open Monday – Friday.
- The Plant Shed (Eggesford): open Tuesdays to Saturdays at The Station Yard; this business supplies an array of local produce and plants.
- Thorne’s Farm Shop (Stockleigh Pomeroy): offer a wide variety of fresh fruit and vegetables on sale in the farm shop. They also stock other local produce including fresh bread, meat pies and pasties. Pick your own seasonal produce (including strawberries and runner beans) with onsite café. Open Monday to Saturday.
- Copplestone Farm Shop (Copplestone): this business supplies an array of local produce and plants. Visit them on a Saturday for special “Meet the Maker” showcases. Open 7 Days a week.
- The Milk Stand at Palmers Farm (Clayhidon): Enjoy fresh gently pasteurised whole milk in 1 litre reusable glass bottles or 500ml compostable paper cups. You can also create your own delicious milkshakes at the mooshake bar.
Mid Devon has several regular farmers’ markets offering farm-to-fork produce, all grown or reared within a 30 mile radius. We recommend you double check opening times with the operators before visiting:
A. Cullompton Farmers’ Market: Held on the second Saturday each month (usually from 9.30am to 12.30pm) at the Higher Bullring. Refreshments and hot food are also available.
B. Bridwell Park Pop-Up Market: The ‘Artisans, Growers & Makers Market’ is an outdoor Pop-Up Sunday Market adjoining The Orangery Pop-Up Café at Bridwell Park Estate in Uffculme. The Market takes place on selected Sundays only between April & October, 10am til 4pm.
C. Crediton Farmers’ Market: Award-winning Farmers’ Market that takes place on the first and third Saturdays of every month in Crediton Town Square, 10am – 1pm. Seating area with hot food and refreshments available.
D. Tiverton Farmers’ Market: Takes place on the first Saturday of every month, 9am – 2pm, alongside the regular General Market. Onsite café and parking in the Market Car Park.
E. Uffculme Farmers Market: Uffculme Farmers Market takes place once a month, offering a selection of local produce (normally the fourth Saturday of every month) at Uffculme Village Hall, 10am – 12noon.